SLIDE1

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Winter Wool Fest!


As I mentioned in my summary post my credit card got a huge working out at the Sutherlands Winter Wool Fair held by Sutherlands Spinners and Weavers. This group is very close, but does its classes when I am at uni sadly.



As you can see I have already started on one
I went there on a mission. It was 2 days after my birthday and I had missed the Canberra Wool Day. My first stop after saying hello to some friends was straight to Frank Williams Spindle booth. A friend who had gone to Canberra had bought one and I just had to have one after seeing it. I knew I wanted a small one, but was hard put deciding between the small and mini. So I got both! I had a great chat with Frank while I stood there spinning the different spindles (had to have the right spin as well as the looks). I even suggested/asked if he would possibly do distaffs as many of us were looking for some, but were only able to get them from America at a steep price. He seemed quite keen and is going to check things out after Bendigo Wool Show (wish I could go!).

After getting my first buy I decided to do a general look around before purchasing more.







My next purchase was at Virginia Farm Woolworks, they had a lovely set for scar felting with lots of little fun things to add. I also spied one of the Majacraft limited edition coloured bobbins (they are my local Majacraft dealer). While, there were some jokes about it spinning differently they started bringing out these limited edition yearly colours last year. This was right when I started spinning, so I am going to get one for each year of spinning and put the years on them to mark each spinning year. 

Lime bobbin! Scarf is grey and black with mauve
Then I stopped in at Glenora Weaving and Wool and fell for some silk for knitting and also the pin looms I have been seeing such cute designs from. 
Lovely coloured silk! Now for a pattern!
Finally I hit up Feltfine and got some felting supplies with this cool water, wetting bulb thingy.......look like an apple. It sprays water nicely and I have seen it in action before. I also fell in love with another silk colourway and got another skein. 
Water spray thingy!

I picked up two more items from general stands including a lovely merino/silk top that actually matched the tie-dye top I was wearing and a Kumihimo starter pack that has the disk. 


Fun day!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More