SLIDE1

Monday, August 1, 2016

Will it Blend?

Unlike the famous YouTube Channel this blending is much less dangerous to one's health. Our group has been doing a bit of a project. From Ashford's The Wheel magazine  (issue 26, 2015) Raeleen's Wrap.

This project requires the blending of many Ashford slivers. Spun as singles and then felted. Other members have been experimenting with different colours, thickness, and needle size resulting in some beautiful results and also learning techniques in blending for the desired look. So this was my time.

Apparently, my throw everything on the board approach doesn't work
Mixture of the following Ashford Slivers
- Amethyst
- Aubergine
- Raspberry
- Chocolate
- Olive
- Butterscotch
- Green Tea
- Toffee
- Cherry Red
- Fern Green
- Cheesecake

So I separated the silvers into equal piles and went to work. As I wanted to avoid getting muddy colours I worked with long lengths of colours. So here are the lovely results.



Pretty Punis!

It felt lovely painting the fleece and getting such immediate pretty results.
I got to play with the tutors blending board, while I have my own it is quite old and needs to remain on the table and held down with a heavy clamp. The Ashford Blending board is a lot nicer and can be  placed in the lap.


My board carder, functional but UGLY

I'm slowly getting better at the skill. Ashford does a lovely video about how to blend. Much. Better than anything I could write here so I will link to them for a lovely visual (and colourful) lesson in blending.



Now to make sure I keep up with my colour theory!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More