SLIDE1

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

The Show!

As I mentioned in my previous post I actually got placed in the state agricultural show I entered on a whim for practice. I actually found out a few days later that I had won more than I was told, my friend wanted me to find out the extra myself so I could enjoy seeing the win. Alas someone else beat me as I was phoned by the show committee to let me know I had also won a prize for the most textured yarn and if they could pass on my info to any local newsgroups that ask. So I said yes and did a little dance! I must admit I had the only entry that could fill this entry, but I have been assured that if they didn't like it they wouldn't have given the prize at all this year. So hint to enter as much as possible!

3rd Prize for 11-17WPI


2nd Prize for 21st Century Fibre Class

The 21st Century also won the most textured yarn - list of elements.


I didn't find the show that interesting beyond the craft competition section, I did find some kid mohair to buy that I was after for part of the CCHS.

Cleaned as well!!! 20.5microns

Apart from that, I felt a little disappointed as there was very little craft wise to buy compared to other state fairs where I have been introduced to and purchased certain art/craft. It was also very cold, very wet and easy to get lost. When I eventually found what I thought was my exit I found I was on the entire other side of the fair and had to walk all around it to get to the bus. Thankfully there were shuttle buses to the parking areas or else I would be missing right now. Thanks to my health my legs/joints really suffered. Next time I will only just attend the craft exhibition after the judging.

The crafts was really interesting and I discovered some sections I would like to enter next year, now that I have a year to prepare. I also got to see what I can live up to!

21st Century Competition

Mixture of competitions, the 3 at the back didn't get placed.

Now onto general craft I found interesting!
This one first prize and also Best in Show
A Large crochet version of a pattern I have completed myself.

Needle Felting - glad I didn't enter if this just got Highly Commended

Some Embroidery work 

Cross Stitch, I have heaps I could have entered!

Hardanger, something I am interested in learning

Lace work I think...

Tatting - another I want to learn!

Cool tatting!

More cross stitch, most of my work is framed and ineligible :(

Even more! Glad to know I can use kit designs 
Some of the winners on cross stitch - I'll have to post some of mine as I have heaps of completed work

Crochet Tartan, will do one of my clan Gordon!

Embroidery and some bear

lace knitting that was insanely cool in person

Very cool patchwork with one of my favourite topics

The winning cross stitch - I wonder what they judge it on?

Pillow with hardanger

Another winning cross stitch category (frames don't have glass)

Won the best use of Fibre in the spinning comp, person also won many other skeins

Best of weaving!


Not an actual entry, but the award for the above weaving. How cool is this!!

Finally the best part of the show!
Nutella Donut!! Eating Nutella out of a syringe is the best way!
Next year I am aiming to enter more spinning categories and hopefully, some items from handspun yarn, weaving, crochet, tatting, crochet and knitting if I can. Now a year to prepare and entering other regional shows as I can. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More