SLIDE1

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Recent Acquisitions

I have had a little buying spree thanks to lots of luck.

This warping board I got off eBay. To buy this size upfront is $140AUD and even the smaller one is over $100. So I was very glad to get this one for under $70. The lady I got this one was lovely and we had a great chat and she also went to Petlins. So I got to send her regards when I went to spinning later that day. 

I also got this from the lady I got the warping board off. She was unloading a couple of her looms as well (which I bid heavily on until they were over my price range. She kept her rigid heddle and wheel and the space is now for her pottery. 
While at Petlins later that day we found they had reduced their boxes of Ashford samples and I managed to grab this one that has the silk Merino blend. I say grab because there were a few of us watching each other carefully. I feel like I should have grabbed one of the merino colours for blending. However, I had a big day of spending. I also picked up a lambs skin that I am going to cut into treadle covers like seen here.

With all the work I had been doing get yarns ready for the next show I had a lot of plying. With all that plying I realised I needed a tensioned lazy kate. I was sick of getting piggy tails. The little chicken was along for the ride!


I also got an order I had previously made. A friend and I were lamenting the loss of the Lace Flyer and its insanely high ratios for the Ashford Wheels. We found out the whorl for the Kiwi would give some quite high ratios so I grabbed on. I have yet to try it as my Traveller is being borrowed at the moment. I can't wait though since seeing how fun lace spinning can be!
While not purchased this week I got this in the mail from Ixchel, which is her Frida Adventure. They are the same fiber, I just wanted one un-dyed. These contain Navajo Churro, Angora, Cashmere and Agave Cactus Fibers. The cool sheep and cactus sold it for me and it is soft, which is nice seeing the Churro is not the finest micron sheep. I am now awaiting for her Viking blend!


I stopped in at the Guilds Market Day and checked out their shop as well.  I picked up some Ginned Cotton in preparation for the cotton section of my CCHS. I love the feel of cotton!

The Guild meeting also had some Sheep owners selling their lovely fibre. Kurrambee Coloureds. My only regret is I didn't buy more. These staples are so well separated and so easy to prepare. I have put some into one of my competition entries for the Hawkesbury Show. I love this natural grey colour. 
At the guild store they also had bags of alpaca for $2 a bag, so I grabbed 2! It is nice and soft and quite a nice colour. At the guild store they also had bags of alpaca for $2 a bag, so I grabbed 2! It is nice and soft and quite a nice colour. 

Finally, I picked up some handmade Lucets at the guild. A standard 2 prong and in the bag a 4 prong. While I have never used these cord making tools they were $1 and $2.50 each so I grabbed them!

Lincraft had a sale around easter so I picked up two of these Spaghetti Yarns (they are super heavy). While it is hard to tell it is a mauve colour. I think I will make a rug. 

I also saw these and thought they reminded me of the colour-way for Dr Who's. Now to find a pattern that also reflects Dr Who! They are also soft and light! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More