SLIDE1

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Weaving


Yes, I actually do something with my looms....well I do now! So I went early to Petlins and learnt (reminded) how to warp up my rigid heddle loom in preparation for a Mobius Scarf.
I picked up some of Ashford Tekapo 8ply Yarns. THese have a nice soft feel that a lot of wool yarns seem to be missing which is lovely. This is also the first time I have changed colours. My first scarf was just one colour for both warp and weft. 

So I have managed a few pattern repeats (instead of working lol), so I can see how it is working. I didn't spend a lot of time thinking out the pattern so we will see how it goes. I am working very hard keep my edges and beating even. 





I am finding the colours very Spring like. How I picked the colours was very random, they just happened to be stocked this way. 

Though I think I have a bit of a critic of the colours or pattern.
Yummy!

All mine!





I have been finding the book I bought with it has been a wonderful primer. I can't wait to try other patterns now I have become for confident with the loom. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More