SLIDE1

Monday, February 1, 2016

Virginia Farm Woolworks

I swear it followed me home like a lost puppy! I think it was a given that it was going to happen, it was just a when.










A few weeks ago I had contacted a local distributor about trying one, but they didn't have any in stock. Well today I decided to take the day off uni and while I was sitting around I got an email saying they had one available I could try. So a quick phone call and I was on the highway to Virginia Farm Woolworks.
Photo from Virginia Farm Woolworks of their lovely property
I will try and be good and instead of going on about the wheel this (that will come later I promise...or I am sorry) will be a semi-review of this spinning and weaving shop.

Virginia Farm Woolworks is about an hour away from me (probably about the same distance give or take from Sydney city). So while too far for weekly classes close enough for special classes and to get my Majacraft stuff. They are situated in a very lovely area of NSW called Annangrove. I got to meet the lovely Jenny and Phillip Dunn who are the owners. Virginia Farm sells not only Majacraft but also Ashford and Kromski. 

They also sell looms and fibre fun! I spent most of my time with Jenny and had a good chat about the local Guild (we will keep an eye out for each other). She does classes and workshops that also include Felting. I am keeping my eye on some upcoming felting classes. While there I felt they had the time for me and enjoyed my company. No hard sell, at all and we discussed the pros and cons of me waiting for a customisation (discussed in later blogs).

I felt I got all the info I needed and a great service and felt comfortable buying and expensive wheel from them. They were also very helpful with my payments as I was using a credit card I rarely used and forgot the password for (and needed to go to an ATM to reset). They took my paypal payment there and done and dusted. Packed her up with my bobbins and all the boxes and parts that comes with it and the leftover wool I had been playing with.

So very happy with this company and looking forward to checking out their upcoming workshops.

Part 2. The Wheel!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More