SLIDE1

Monday, February 8, 2016

I swear it WAS and accident


 As the title suggests it was an accident, I swear! So story time!

So Friday week I saw two wheels up for a decent price. I forget what the other was, but I saw this Little Peggy. Now I have a Wee Peggy, and I must admit I was eyeing off the tension knob that I am trying to get for my Wee Peggy. So I put small bids on both wheels. Then Monday hit and the Aura came home with me. Being such a large purchase and having six wheels sitting at home I put that moratorium on purchasing. The next day I got out bided on the other wheel. So here I was with a wheel sitting at the initial bid of $99 with 20 other watchers. So I believed I would be out-bided even at the last minute which is common.

On Friday (a week after the wheel was put up) I forgot my phone at home. So I come home and check my messages after uni and found...I WON....no one else bid. Ah well, it is double digits and on talking to others on the spinners Facebook group other were interested but were a little wary about the drive to get it. As I have a hybrid the petrol prices aren't a concern for me and I enjoy seeing more of this new state. So maybe it won't stay long in the house.


So on Sunday, I took the 50min drive West this time! Now one thing I have regretted is that I have visited these lovely places and forgot to take pictures. Being the driver and sometimes on roads that are 80km/hr and nowhere safe to pull off it is just not possible.

This time, I did! It was a gorgeous day and even with quick shots from my old iPhone you can see the few I did capture showed the lovely colours that the Australian countryside can offer.

My GPS did fairly well, I was worried as the suburb I had been given did not come up, but the road came up when I put in the neighbouring suburb. I did run into some troubles with finding the right house (as I left I finally noticed the tiny post box with subscript tiny numbers. The people were lovely; the seller originally bought this wheel off a crafter who used it all the time. She had initially bought it to help with leg problems from a pre-existing health concern but didn't find it helpful.

Their house was situated on top of a lovely hill where you could see Sydney city in the far distance. I snapped this picture quickly of this cool old house on their property.
Such a vibrant day

The wheel itself is in mixed condition. The wheel itself is brilliant; the legs are a bit more scratched up so a bit of TLC needed. However, I am not sure I will keep this wheel now. It is very very close to my Wee Peggy (which I knew) but doesn't have the story my Wee Peggy has that endears it to me. There is also a clunk when it spins which might just be a nut that needs tightening.

On my drive home, I stopped by this crazy Bazaar.
It was an interesting spot with some buildings with the same decoration. The rest was a gravel oval filled with cars and tables of just about anything. I went in the last half hour, so most people were packing up and there was trash EVERYWHERE! There was a mixture of people with their small table of trash and treasure to people with a proper business. There were lots of tables of tools, nails, paintbrushes etc...it was an odd place. I might go back to check this out earlier in the day as it is only 20minutes away. I felt that if I were to find a random cheap wheel, this is the sort of place to look. I almost came home with another Conure as the bird place had some gorgeous colours, but a minimum price of $250 stopped me quickly!

So yea, this makes..... 2 Travellers, 2 Majacrafts (Suzie and Aura), 2 Rappard's (Wee and Little Peggy's), 1 Inwood (its second friend is the inwood drum carder for balance). So 7 wheels, from a grand total of 11 wheels (2 Traditional's, Celtic, and Elizabeth) in my lifetime. Though as mentioned I think we will drop back to 6 fairly quickly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More