SLIDE1

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Whoops

In the Ashford Distaff adventures I am learning so much, and today's education was what to do with a vegetable oil stain on unsealed wood! My bag chocolate-coconut balls were leaned up against the wood and left this stain....

As was mentioned at the spinning group this is something that wouldn't be hidden with the clear stain I was considering to match my wheel. So being someone who has little idea about such things, but someone who does know how to google I spent last evening checking around.


A couple of Youtube with different products and even suggestions just to make the stain cover the entire product I was beginning to become dismayed. This Distaff was going to be the death of me!

Then as it is with most things the simplest suggestion came up, SANDPAPER. Knowing I have some sandpaper from my Ashford kits somewhere, I went looking at 1 am. I even googled how to sandpaper in case there was something about going with the grain etc. 

I started with one of the smaller stains and was so excited about how quickly it went. Then after a bit more intense rubbing on the bigger stain I am proud to present.



I know it is not perfect, but if you spin the entire product around the wood grain itself has many different and darker variations which match (like up the top is all natural colour variations. So it's more the shape of the colour variation is is slightly un-natural. However for anyone picking it up and once sealed you won't ever know! 

So something new and something I will have to learn more about when I redo the project wheel. So a trip to Bunnings is even more imminent to get something to seal everything to avoid this again. Right no the distaff is in place on the wheel, so no chance of getting anything on it. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More