SLIDE1

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Decorated Wheels

As Majacraft can customise designs on their wheels it is something I am exploring for my new wheel. I have been curious about decorating my own wheels and had one wheel ready before I decided to sell. My Peggy being lovely and authentic will be kept as if with just upkeep. When I gain the courage I would love to re-stain my traveller a darker stain. My Suzie however seems ripe for the decorating by my hand! I am also keeping my eye out for super cheap wheels I can revive and decorate. I almost bought a secondhand Merlin Hitchiker with celtic designs, but decided against it and to put the money to the Aura. I have seen some lovely Hitchhicker wheels decorated in my searches so maybe after I graduate I will do a full project wheel and decorate from start to finish. So while I am mulling over designs here are some beautifully decorated wheels.  

Ashford Wheels
Traditional with very cute designs that follow onto the lazy kate

This is the sort of colourI would like on my Traveller, though I am not quite sure this is a traveller or just an older version with a very similar design

The Thistle on the Joy, very well designed and balanced art


Merlin Tree - Roadbug's
Dragons, with lovely darker wood

I love the balance in this wood burn

Maybe a doctor who theme - Tardis blue?

Lovely use of an already circular device, my dad would love this sea inspired design

I always think this wheel is ready to jump into the race to sit on the Iron Throne!

Wow...is there any better way to describe it?



The Merlin Tree - Hitchhikers 

I love the overall theme on this on

This one is along my aesthetic - the country cottage look with older looking wood

Less my aesthetic, but I love the sheep theme and the matching bobbins

Subtle look that keeps the beauty of the wood

Nicely done wood burning with lovely contrast in the wood colour 

Another cute pained sheep design.

Majacraft Wheels
This Suzie gives me inspiration for mine and I love the green. 

Maybe a Little Gem, but it makes a big impression!

Unknown Makes - Or me being Lazy
Lovely use of pastel and the little bird on top!

Lovely open wheel to add such a pretty design, almost reminds me of Chinese silk material with gold designs. 

Not my style, but well executed design and the gold in the maidens and spokes!

Uncluttered design, but very detailed work.

P.S. If anyone does not wish their wheels to be up or would like links posted please let me know. I just love the work of these wheels and no copyright intended I just wanted to share. Majority were on pinterest and other photo sites which makes sourcing the original work difficult. 





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More