SLIDE1

Monday, January 4, 2016

Wheel 6 - New technology

Inwood-Smith E-Spinner
Wheel six I also believe as a "need". Due to health issues that caused me to have the brain surgeries I do spend a lot of time in bed. Strangely though traditional wheels do need me to be upright, so an e-spinner or electric spinner was on the cards. As with all my wheels this was a second-hand buy, though I almost put one on on lay-buy! This time the wheel was on a spinning shops website. After a few calls and emails I decided to buy sight-unseen and got it delivered to my house along with a board carder for my equipment. However I had to wait because it wasn't sold with the plugs. Once they came from the manufacture (Australian bran Inwood) I was sitting in bed spinning away!

While I really like this spinner if I had the money I would replace it as I don't like how the flyer is screwed on as sometimes if I hold too tight it unscrews the flyer, which falls off and annoys. It doesn't happen much, but enough that I would consider a different one if money were no issue. This spinner does have the ability to put a lazy kate one by putting two rods on. One day I will get some, but no rush.

This spinner has a foot control (which I use in my hand) to turn the machine on and off quickly. Down the sides it has speed control and direction so you can ply. The drive type is scotch tension and the flyer has a nice with an extra attachment for art yarns (I don't like it) and squeeze and slide hooks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More