SLIDE1

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Wheel Two

Sheridan - Celtic
Being someone who doesn't do things by halves I wanted/needed more and was craving wheels as they were not only functional but beautiful. Wheel number two was one of the most beautiful wheels I had.

Joining a facebook spinning group for Aussies didn't help and someone posted about this wheel with many people commenting on such a fine wheel. The Sherdian celtic in early August! I got lost on the way as this was almost an hours drive in lovely NSW country and while I was on the right road the GPS was lying that I was right there. Sadly my phone also felt like not helping. Thankfully I drove up the street a little bit more and found the windy dirt road up. I met and chatted to another spinner and took the lovely home.

Such a gorgeous wheel! This lovely lady is a single treadle double drive. However at first it kept throwing its drive band as quickly as I chuck my bra off when getting home. She spent many months in the corner as I kept trying different ways to tie her drive band and failing. I finally took her to Petlins one Thursday on a whim as a spinning friend was down there with her wheel. A good half hour of pocking and prodding and me believing this beauty would only be a show piece and we (Peter) got it figured. A quick screw removal and moving of the maiden and she was spinning!

The Sherdian wheels are well loved Australian wheels with the Celtic being considered the higher-end of these wheels. It is just double-drive with no ability to do scotch tension. It does come with an orifice hook that attaches to the wheel, but this was lost before I had the wheel. Luckily it also fits Ashford bobbins as you can't get any new bobbins made or bought.

She was a heavy wheel though and just not the right wheel for me. As much as I loved the colour and look of her she was too delicate to take in the car all the time for lessons and she went up for sale and was sold on in November 2015 as a xmas present. I hope she is making some new spinner happy!









0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More