SLIDE1

Friday, January 15, 2016

Fiber Shops

My Favourite online shop for buying Fibre to spin is Ixchel . This Fibre creator in Victoria, Australia has yarn and fibre clubs and weekly (Friday) sales rather than a general online store. Guess what today is! Go here around 8pm AEDT to see what is available. Last week was a sign up for the rare breed sheep the Soay.

I'm so cute and have mastered camouflage!

Ixchel or Charly breeds a lot of animals for fluff on their natural farm as well as sourcing many unique fibres for exciting blends. these batts and tops have been my introduction to unique fibres when I got my first batt with Qiviut (muskox) and its insane softness. So far I have done what I did with my wheels and amassed and embarrassing amount of fibres. Next Year I have signed up for a batt club which means for 3 months I get 1 batt with some unusual mix (I hope I get some wolf!).
My first buy with sample
Spun and ready to ply Tundra - Qiviut, Cashmere, Silk, Tencel, Merino and Angora. 



Some more (not all as some didn't like their picture taken).


There is a large mixture including yak, bison, angora, and even some weird and wonderful wallaby and stainless steel! Some of the batts and tops are so luxurious you just want to cuddle them all day long.

I can not wait till the batt club starts up and I really need to getting spinning faster. However for the moment I am planning what fun art spinning I could do and planning what I want to make out of them. Knowing me I could easily just make fancy yarn to display, but I really should be practical and make things.







Still waiting on some fibres from the states which has my yak mix, stainless steel, butterfly silk (mixes of silk) and my pearl infused rose fiber! I am also collecting fiber to get ready for my spinning certificate of excellence and other spinning certs which I'll talk about soon enough!

My wall of growing shame! 2 columns of yarn and fiber on the left and top. Everything in this photo is craft related!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More